Wednesday, December 22, 2010

What happens when you cross a smaller Las Vegas with a snow storm?

If you haven't guessed it, answer is Amsterdam.


Song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArdBI_F1LKo


How will I write this blog:
Before coming to Amsterdam I had this idea where my post would be just be titled "Amsterdam" and the body would be blank or a funny picture of a giant smiley face and would leave everyone (the 4 people that read my posts (BLOGGER TELLS MEEE)) confused and me in turn looking super coollllll. BUT that would not do you guys service (this is more for me and for my "diary"). I'll be straight up. Amsterdam was not the best experience I have ever had. I should just lie and put up pretty pictures and not say everything, but I am a straight shooter. Here it comes.


WARNING DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT ME TO BE HONEST AND MAYBE COMPLAIN A LITTLE. ALSO THIS POST WILL BE VERY SHORT AS I DON'T KNOW IF I WANT TO WRITE MUCH ABOUT IT ALSO PLEASE DON'T THINK THIS WILL BE A TREND NEXT POST IS ABOUT BRUSSELS WHICH WAS AMAZINGGGGGGG:


Arrival and Hostel:
Seppy and I arrive in Amsterdam and were in a really good mood. Walking to our hostel we were offered cocaine... we knew we had arrived.

  • Naz arrived in the morning after having her flight messed up
  • Khaleh Roya was supposed to join us (this is my aunts best friend. we thought it was funny for her to join us
    • Her flight got changed to Frankfurt
  • My friend was supposed to join us (didn't tell Sep or Naz), his trains got cancelled. Never showed up.
  • We got ready and marched out.

  • Heading to museum.
  • Went to cafe to get ourselves warm.
  • Then we ate. It was really bad.
    • Seppy apparently really liked the food
      • Seppy almost threw up. But nothing came out.
        • If you throw up but nothing comes out, does that mean you threw up or gagged?
  • Headed to museum.
  • Figured out it was too cold and too far to walk. Headed back home.
  • Should have figured this out when we saw ducks not swimming in the canals but rather walking on top of the ice

  • We were superrrrrrrrrrrrr sad. Slept rest of the night.
  • Woke up confused why we were sad.
  • I read the news. Paris Airport closed and Amsterdam flights are delays. I FREAK OUT about my sister getting home. LIKE FREAKING OUT. I HATED AMSTERDAM.
  • Sepanta didn't think he could make it in film industry anymore
  • Afraid to go out.
  • Go out.
  • Take the 5 train down (its free if you get in on the back)
  • Go to museum.
    • Cant take pictures inside the museum
    • Took picture inside museum
    • Stopped in 5 seconds
    • Every art piece was sad
      • Told myself will never go to a country where there is no happy art pieces
  • Get a donar kabob
  • Walked to largest out door market world market. 
    • Found hipster gear there.
    • Vintage clothing from Amsterdam, seems like best idea ever!!!!!!!!
    • Imagine this. 101 Dalmations in Dutch on the coffee table. No one can top that.
  • We made pact to come back to Amsterdam when it was warm in 1.5 years to redeem this trip
    • edit: Naz made a good point. Everywhere will be good during the summer and Amsterdam isn't the best place
  • Took the 5 train back to the hostel. If you are in Amsterdam, you can sneak onto the 5 if you get on the back. Takes you everywhere.
  • Come back to hostel 

  • Watch Community as we a makeshift bed where we all sleep next to each other
  • Sister leaves at 6 AM
    • She makes it to NYC <- so happy
  • Seppy and I walk one last time through Red Light District (some girls in there were crazy hot.)
  • Leave on the train to Brussels, with me thinking "God I fucking hate Amsterdam."


Second song:

A few kinds words about Amsterdam:
Not everything was bad about Amsterdam. Ill be honest. The people there were the nicest people ever. Maybe it was because it was after Paris, butttttttttttt they would stay with you and help you get to places. It was really nice of them. Some how everyone had a smile even though it was cold. I think we weren't ready for the cold? Everyone was tall there. Like super tall. All the guys were liek 6'5" and the girls were 6'0". They also really liked to bike which was cool. When I first got there, I saw a row of bikes covered in snow which was cool


Goals for the rest of the trip:
Something happend on this trip. This is when Seppy and I can just lay down and "die" and be sad about the rest of the trip, which we were. BUT we promised ourselves that this was not going to be how we are going forward. A few things came out of this. We will NEVER go anywhere colder than Amsterdam. The weather really makes a difference at least for me. Cause if the weather is nice, I would want to go out. God thinking of Amsterdam stresses me out. Also we didn't meet anyone. From now on, Seppy and I will try to meet someone each day. I will update you on who we meet.

My Sister:
I love my sister. We are both sad that she left us. I really wished her flight would have been cancelled cause then she would have came to Brussels and hung out with us.

^I changed this picture cause naz looked bad. This is when we were watching a movie. I've accomplished my goal of getting close to sister.

Word of advice:
If you are a pot head, please don't go to Amsterdam. Just buy weed from a drug dealer. You'll save money. If you like to go see cool places, don't go to Amsterdam (especially in winter) because the people that go there are all pot heads and super sketch people.

Anywhere will be better than Amsterdam. Always looking on the bright side:
I am in Brussels right now. Had a fun night. Will blog about it tonightish. God I was so sad.

I know I keep saying this, but this is the worst post. Sorry about it.

7 comments:

  1. i don't think i'll bother writing "read" anymore. i think i'm the last one still reading. don't even know why, i lived through this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. -4 isnt OH EM GEE ITS COLD.
    I think Atlanta has ruined you

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the "i love my sister" part and i love the hate on Amsterdam

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL if you "throw up' and nothing comes out, you gagged.

    '...walk one last time through the Red Light District"!!!!!! no comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone was tall there. Like super tall. All the guys were liek 6'5"

    ReplyDelete